Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website http://www.lovelocaljobs.com (our site). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site. Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, this acceptable use policy, which supplements the terms & conditions.
http://www.lovelocaljobs.com is a site operated by LoveLocalJobs.com Limited (“we” or “us”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 8792357 and we have our registered office at 12-13 Ship Street, Brighton, East Sussex, England BN1 1AD. Our main trading address is 4th Floor, Ecovert House, 2 Bartholomews, Brighton BN1 1HG
You may use our site only for lawful purposes.
You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect, or having the effect of adversely affecting, the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
1. Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms & conditions.
2. Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services (“interactive services”) on our site, including, without limitation:
- Chat rooms.
- Bulletin boards.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site. We will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute or post to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Contain or promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right, patent, design rights or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abusive or invasive of another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any activity previously identified in this paragraph.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our absolute discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of the terms & conditions upon which you are permitted to use our site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of any losses and for all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the acceptable use policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
Accessibility statement for LoveLocalJobs.com Limited
We’d like our service to be usable by the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. We strive to meet the level AA standards as outlined in the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 These are international guidelines that explain how to make web content easier to use for people with disabilities.
We have made sure users can:
- Zoom in without text spilling off the screen
- Navigate using just a keyboard
- Navigate using speech recognition software
- Listen to content using a screen reader (including most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and Voice Over)
- Change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- Use a ‘Skip to content’ feature at the top of each page (for screen readers and keyboard only users) to move around quickly and avoid repetitive header content
- All content that is visually hidden (such as inactive tabbed content) can be found and read by screen readers
Our site is built with standards compliant HTML and CSS and is designed to work well on smart phones, tablets and desktop. Some people may get the most accessible experience by customising their device to suit their individual needs – for example: to increase the font size. For further information on making your device easier to use if you have a disability, please visit the Web Accessibility initiative’s ‘Better Web Browsing’ or Ability Net’s My computer, My way.
Right now, even though our service meets the majority of standards and is mainly compliant with WCAG international guidelines there may be some limitations . We are working to fix these but cannot guarantee that all content linked to or embedded in our service are fully accessible. We have listed below content that is either non-compliant with accessibility standards and we are working on it or is a disproportionate burden to our organisation, and we are unable to fix it.
Our Recruiter Services (https://recruiters.lovelocaljobs.com/) has been reviewed and we are in the process of fixing a few identified issues where is does not comply with WCAG guidelines. These issues will be fixed by January 2021.
There may also be accessibility problems with content that we don’t provide ourselves, such as Jobs posted by employers, uploaded documents such as Word and PDF and some third-party technologies. We are unable to fix these issues.
How this product has been tested for accessibility
This product was tested in May 2020. The test was carried out by the Digital Accessibility Centre (DAC). DAC tested a sample of pages to cover the important journeys and different types of content contained in the product.
The approach included:
- Automated testing using online testing software
- Manual technical auditing by experts
- User testing with DAC’s experienced team of testers who have a variety of disabilities and use different types of assistive technologies (such as NVDA and JAWS)
Let us know if you have difficulties
If you experience any difficulty using this service, please let us know using our contact form (https://www.lovelocaljobs.com/contact-us/).
This statement was last updated October 2020 and follows the advice on accessibility statements in ISO 30071-1 and the Public Sector Regulations (UK).